Sql Scripts cannot find them

May 8, 2008 at 8:18 AM
Hi,
Just bought the book and downloaded the code.It looks quite good as learning curve for me.
I cannot seem to find the scripts to install the database stuff and see how it all works expecially the membership provider stuff.

Am I missing the obvious?

thanks a lot
Coordinator
May 8, 2008 at 3:18 PM
Edited May 8, 2008 at 3:24 PM
They are not there intentionally, since the SQL Server Compact only consists of a single file, and I did not want people to focus on the database, just the object model. The database is contained in the SmartCA.sdf file, and that file lives in the SmartCA.Infrastructure.Repositories project. You can double-click on it in VS 2008 and see all of the table structures and the sample data.

I will go ahead and post the SQL script file anyway though. It will also be in the SmartCA.Infrastructure.Repositories project (the SmartCADbTables.sqlce file).

--Tim

devnet247 wrote:
Hi,
Just bought the book and downloaded the code.It looks quite good as learning curve for me.
I cannot seem to find the scripts to install the database stuff and see how it all works expecially the membership provider stuff.

thanks a lot

May 8, 2008 at 8:08 PM
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.I am quite familiar with Sql Server 2000/05 as I use it everyday in my job, but never used sql Server compact,Hopefully I can make it all work and step through it.I will try running the script on sql server and use it there.

One question though on your code.
One thing that I am not clear is this.

Is it better to have each Domain Object in it's own assembly rather than all together?
From my experience there are pro and cons in both approach but I would favour each domain object in its on assembly,for the simple reasons of being more modular and more indipendent.What is your view?

Thanks for your reply.

tmccart1 wrote:
They are not there intentionally, since the SQL Server Compact only consists of a single file, and I did not want people to focus on the database, just the object model. The database is contained in the SmartCA.sdf file, and that file lives in the SmartCA.Infrastructure.Repositories project. You can double-click on it in VS 2008 and see all of the table structures and the sample data.

I will go ahead and post the SQL script file anyway though. It will also be in the SmartCA.Infrastructure.Repositories project (the SmartCADbTables.sqlce file).

--Tim

devnet247 wrote:
Hi,

thanks a lot

Coordinator
May 9, 2008 at 8:58 PM
I highly recommend not running this on SQL Server but only using SQL CE (it's a free download from Microsoft).
The connection to the database will not work if it is not a SQL Server CE database since I am using the SQL CE provider.

As far as packaging up the domain objects, it really depends upon your project. I put them all in the same assembly in this project simply because I did not have the need to split them apart.

By the way, thank you for buying my book!

devnet247 wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.I am quite familiar with Sql Server 2000/05 as I use it everyday in my job, but never used sql Server compact,Hopefully I can make it all work and step through it.I will try running the script on sql server and use it there.

One question though on your code.
One thing that I am not clear is this.

Is it better to have each Domain Object in it's own assembly rather than all together?
From my experience there are pro and cons in both approach but I would favour each domain object in its on assembly,for the simple reasons of being more modular and more indipendent.What is your view?

Thanks for your reply.

tmccart1 wrote:

--Tim

devnet247 wrote:
Hi,

thanks a lot