CanExecuteChanged Event

Jul 2, 2008 at 12:35 AM
Hi Tim-- I am puzzling over the CanExecuteChanged event that's declared in the DelegateCommand class at p. 50 (BTW, great class--I love the use of delegates here!). Here is what I am puzzling over--since <mshelp:link tabIndex=0 keywords="N:System.Windows.Input">System.Windows.Input declares this event with the same signature, why do you declare it again? Does your declaration hide the System.Windows.Input version of the event? In other words, I would have thought you would simply invoke the System.Windows.Input event, instead of declaring your own. And that tells me I am probably missing something. Thanks!</mshelp:link>
Jul 21, 2008 at 5:28 AM

Dave,

I did not know about that declaration in System.Windows.Input...just an oversight on my part.  Go ahead and make it a work item for me to change that.

Thanks,

Tim

dcveeneman wrote:
Hi Tim-- I am puzzling over the CanExecuteChanged event that's declared in the DelegateCommand class at p. 50 (BTW, great class--I love the use of delegates here!). Here is what I am puzzling over--since <mshelp:link tabIndex=0 keywords="N:System.Windows.Input">System.Windows.Input declares this event with the same signature, why do you declare it again? Does your declaration hide the System.Windows.Input version of the event? In other words, I would have thought you would simply invoke the System.Windows.Input event, instead of declaring your own. And that tells me I am probably missing something. Thanks!</mshelp:link>