Xceed DataGrid Express edition

Aug 20, 2009 at 7:21 PM
Edited Aug 20, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Hi,

It looks looks like Xceed express edition is not available anymore.

http://www.xceedsoft.com/email/2009-06-15/email.asp?nom=Michel&couponID=704db80d-1a8d-db11-a527-0015c5e239e6#Header2

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Thomas.

Nov 25, 2009 at 10:10 PM

f.y.i. The newer version appears to be here: http://xceed.com/Grid_WPF_New.html

May 24, 2010 at 2:55 PM
Edited May 28, 2010 at 10:41 AM

Hi

pamo, yes this is the link for the control download but in the book Tim is saying: " This also freely downloadable from the Xceed web site"

So is there a free version of this control for download? Cause the link is pointing to the page where a trial can be downloaded.

If no free version of the control is available, I would say that it is a bad practice to put controls with comercial licences in a book. Don't you agree?

May 28, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Is there a chance of changing these commercial controls with some free ones? Just to be able to run the solution for more than a trial period of the Xceed controls...

Sep 1, 2010 at 6:15 PM

I am very suspicious about these examples. How it is possible that during one year author is not able to solve problem with missing components in solution? Usually all components you use should be part of your solution. If you want working solution then please take a look at http://dddsamplenet.codeplex.com/

Sep 2, 2010 at 8:48 AM

I cannot believe that they are letting us hang like this!!!!

I really liked the book and I think the author has some excellent solutions that I really like but this is just unacceptable! I cannot understand what are other readers doing about this?! Just keeping quiet? Or they bought the ******* control?!

Heeeeeellllloooooo!!!! Anybody there?????!!!!!!!

Sep 3, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Guys, I have bewen so swamped over the past few months, sorry for not replying.  Yeah that sucks that Xceed did that.  I am going to re-write the code to not use their control.  I am pretty sure there is an OOB DataGrid for WPF in .NET 4.0.

Thanks,

Tim

Sep 6, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Thank you very much for your reply Tim. I was beginning to think that no one reads this thread.

I appreciate your attempt to use some other control in the solution. Cause I haven't seen it in action so far.

Please inform us here when you get the new solution out.

Thank you.

Sep 29, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Any progress so far? I can’t build (run) the app because the Xceed DataGrid errors.

Please provide other solution as soon as you can. Thanks!! ;D

Nov 24, 2010 at 2:17 AM

Any progress so far? I've just read the book, but cannot build it up.

Feb 7, 2011 at 10:54 PM

I just upgraded all of the code to be .NET 4.0, since it has a DataGrid control for WPF.  I also have removed all of the refrences to Xceed.  You guys should be able to get latest and build the project now.

Apr 3, 2011 at 7:24 PM
Edited Apr 3, 2011 at 7:25 PM
tmccart1 wrote:

I just upgraded all of the code to be .NET 4.0, since it has a DataGrid control for WPF.  I also have removed all of the refrences to Xceed.  You guys should be able to get latest and build the project now.

Wow!  I thought the code updates from 2009 were all we were going to get (and I was pretty happy with that).  Then, out of nowhere, the author of the book returns in 2011 to update the book's sample code to .NET 4.0 and remove a 3rd party control dependency!!!  Talk about an extra value for my book purchase!  :)  Could this mean that a second edition of the book and how this all relates (or not) to BDD is on the way?  That would be cool.

Thank you again Tim for the book and code updates.

Apr 3, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Thank you Tim. Excellent work! Much appreciated! I love the solution. 

May 12, 2011 at 6:40 AM

No problem, I am glad you like it!